back to article Microsoft cries foul on Yahoo!-Google Japan deal

Microsoft will try to stop Yahoo! from hooking up with Google in Japan. Bing daddy Microsoft told The Reg it will object to Yahoo! Japan's alliance with Google, announced this week, in a presentation to Japan's Fair Trade Commission. A Microsoft spokesperson said: "We plan to present evidence to the Japanese FTC explaining …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul McClure
    Alert

Poor Micro$oft

Microsoft with dominance in the worlds desktops is complaining. Airlines have dominance in air travel. Search companies have dominance in search. It's unfortunate that Microsoft is unhappy with it's monopoly and wants more. Search filled a need and grew. In time some cleaver people, probably not Microsoft, will create a better interface than search and grow. Be happy with your Billions.

2. Peter 39

interesting to follow

This one will be interesting to watch.

I would not be at all surprised to find that MS is, well, just stiffed. Not obviously, of course - the Japanese are masters at making the unpalatable seem tasty.

And, no, throwing chairs will not improve your negotiating position. Leave them at home, Steve. Work with the tatami mats and no-one will get hurt.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just so.

Will google now explain in the rest of the world how Yahoo!'s deal with micros~1...?

Japan is pretty big. But perhaps not as big as the rest of the world.

4. blackworx
    Badgers

Brilliant!

Only 3 comments so far and already we've had "Micro$oft" and "micros~1".

How very.

5. gnufreex
    Troll

Oh noes, evil Google is making Microsoft cry1! Waah, waa...

Please, someone call the wambulance and tell there is emergency in Redmond, WA

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/17636/original/wahmbulance.jpg

And tell them to bring some chairs too.

6. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Gates Horns

well Dah!!!

Of course MickySoft are objecting to a Yahoo!-Google monopoly, MickeySoft thinks it has the monopoly on monopolies.

7. Chika
    Happy

Can I do one too?!?

Well, I used M$ in another thread, so I guess that's already taken. How about MicroSnot?

Otherwise, I agree with the good Field Marshal, and I'll play my "Get Out of Jail Free" card now.

8. James Woods

yada yada yada

well I recently started using windows 7 and if I recall correctly Microsoft has been facing anti-trust issues for years prior to windows 7.

in this windows 7 release i've found myself not needing any third party software to do basically anything.

want to unzip a .zip, they have a program. want to view an image, they have a program.

it's all built-in, it's all default, and it's all from what i've seen so far very hard if not impossible to un-install.

until microsoft let's go of it's operating system monopoly that destroys the need for any third-party software (for most daily tasks) let them eat crow.

wahhh even though we've had a monopoly for years and years we still outsource employees, screw citizens out of jobs and have an owner that thinks he runs the world and wants to kill off the masses with his global schemes.

imagine that.

1. jubtastic1

Much as I despise MS

It's hard to imagine anyone being satisfied with a computer that can't handle common day to day tasks.

But MS has as much business in search as Google has in operating systems, both companies are leveraging their primary business profits to run extended billion dollar loss leaders in new markets, It's exactly the sort of thing I'd make illegal on pain of being first up against the wall when I rule the world.

9. Goat Jam
    Gates Horns

Cry Me River

Microsoft have the monopoly on desktops and therefore have the monopoly on preconfiguring world+dogs browsers to their own search engine yet the still whine-whine-whine when things don't go their way.

Here's a clue for you twats at Redmond. People have to actively choose to use Google or yahoo or whatever.

Now there's a word for you idiots to look up *CHOICE*. How about you go to Google and enter "define choice" in there and then go off until you actually comprehend the answer you get.

When people get to choose whether to use Winblows or not when they buy a PC then I might start caring a tiny amount about your attempts to monopolize in other markets.

Then again, probably not.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So ... the question is...

Which search engine to use in place of Microsoft, Google and Yahoo ... which engines are independent of the big three? 'cause it looks like I'm going to have to ditch Yahoo search as well. Drat.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like