World+dog must have a media player to call its own. Not to be outdone Virgin is in on the act as of today with the launch of Virgin Media Player, for mobile and computer use. The cableco has lined up "hundreds of hours" of content, including various youthie MTV network shows, which already appear on its on-demand TV service. …
...with crap content like that, no wonder it thinks Canvas is competition.
What about Sky buying Virgin Media TV channels?
I would have thought that would be considered more anti competitive than Canvas!!?
@What about Sky buying Virgin Media TV channels?
Or, as reported today, buying up complete rights to HBO programming
awful quality streams
The video quality is absolutely terrible, the resolution is dire and it's way too blocky. Over a 10mb connection a stream sent by a cable provider should be miles better (the content is dire as well as the quality too).
Re: awful quality streams
You're a fan, then?
terms and CONDITIONS?
By registering for and using Player, you confirm that:
(a) you are and will remain both: (i) a Virgin Media broadband internet account holder; and (ii) either a Virgin Media TV XL or a TV Choice customer
WTF? in perpetuity? what do they do if I decide to change my package...or leave for Freesat ..or Sky broadband? Come around with a pitchfork and hammer and get all medieval on my ass?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones