IBM is buying Storwize for its real-time, inline data compression technology and products. Storwize produces appliances, the STN-2100 and STN-6000, which sit in front of NAS (network-attached storage) arrays and compress data being written to the array, using Lempel-Ziv algorithms in its Random Access Compression Engine (RACE). …
IBM Catching Up...
Chris writes, "IBM is buying Storwize for its real-time, inline data compression technology and products."
Now, IBM will have a story to tell customers how they can compete with Compression under Solaris ZFS.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2