IBM is buying Storwize for its real-time, inline data compression technology and products. Storwize produces appliances, the STN-2100 and STN-6000, which sit in front of NAS (network-attached storage) arrays and compress data being written to the array, using Lempel-Ziv algorithms in its Random Access Compression Engine (RACE). …
IBM Catching Up...
Chris writes, "IBM is buying Storwize for its real-time, inline data compression technology and products."
Now, IBM will have a story to tell customers how they can compete with Compression under Solaris ZFS.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst