IBM is buying Storwize for its real-time, inline data compression technology and products. Storwize produces appliances, the STN-2100 and STN-6000, which sit in front of NAS (network-attached storage) arrays and compress data being written to the array, using Lempel-Ziv algorithms in its Random Access Compression Engine (RACE). …
IBM Catching Up...
Chris writes, "IBM is buying Storwize for its real-time, inline data compression technology and products."
Now, IBM will have a story to tell customers how they can compete with Compression under Solaris ZFS.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout