I love when IT vendors simplify things and make them more consistent. Because when they do, that is the surest way to know they have made something more complex for reasons they will never explain to customers. So it is with VMware's new Volume Pricing Program for its desktop and server virtualization products. With pricing …
Expensive - but keeping sysadmins employed.
VMWare was already too expensive. It's cheaper to hire wetware to do things manually and use ESXi than it is to buy up the management tools. At least for SMEs. Steady on then, VMWare.
(BTW, RHEL 6 with the new Virtualisation blue crystals? Very nice…)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...