I love when IT vendors simplify things and make them more consistent. Because when they do, that is the surest way to know they have made something more complex for reasons they will never explain to customers. So it is with VMware's new Volume Pricing Program for its desktop and server virtualization products. With pricing …
Expensive - but keeping sysadmins employed.
VMWare was already too expensive. It's cheaper to hire wetware to do things manually and use ESXi than it is to buy up the management tools. At least for SMEs. Steady on then, VMWare.
(BTW, RHEL 6 with the new Virtualisation blue crystals? Very nice…)
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad