I love when IT vendors simplify things and make them more consistent. Because when they do, that is the surest way to know they have made something more complex for reasons they will never explain to customers. So it is with VMware's new Volume Pricing Program for its desktop and server virtualization products. With pricing …
Expensive - but keeping sysadmins employed.
VMWare was already too expensive. It's cheaper to hire wetware to do things manually and use ESXi than it is to buy up the management tools. At least for SMEs. Steady on then, VMWare.
(BTW, RHEL 6 with the new Virtualisation blue crystals? Very nice…)
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know