Investigators have released more details on the arrest of a Slovenian hacker suspected of creating the code behind the infamous Mariposa botnet. The 23-year-old suspect - known only by his hacker handle of Iserdo - was arrested in Maribor, Slovenia 10 days ago, five months after Spanish police arrested three suspects who alleged …
That ought to put our tiny, adorably f***ed-up country on the map.
Canadians can certainly be glad that this hacker is under arrest.
Mariposa is the name of the fictional town featured in the book Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town, written by well-loved Canadian humorist Stephen Leacock. For its name to be sullied by association with a botnet, therefore, is an unforgivable insult to the Canadian people.
The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.
did not realise it was against the law to sell crowbars, maps or point out nice houses...
why did they let him go?
Didn't Crete or Cyprus arrest someone really wanted a month or so ago...who when bailed, bailed?
out on bail?
Hopefully, not the "11th Russian spy arrested in Crete" out on bail.
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month