Oracle has upgraded its StorageTek StreamLine 8500 tape library with more slots, LT05 support and redundant robotics and electronics for increased reliability. The 8500's maximum capacity has risen to 100,000 slots from 70,000, by linking ten 10,000 slot libraries together, and managing them as a single entity. Support has been …
...but no Win7 support?
Pah, it'll never catch on then.
Mine's the one with the Inmac tape viewer in the pocket (anyone else remember those?)
Can't even Google them.
Got a link?
If it's ACSLS controlled, it will have Windows support.
Blimey - it will remember almost as much as my wife!
More than a Sinclair Microdrive...
You can't fit a couple of LTO5 tapes in a matchstick box...
I, for one, welcome our tape swapping overlords...
So who unpacks and loads all these damn tapes then?
You get your tape monkey to do it.
Although it probably won't be full to start with...
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it