Feeds

back to article Aussie hacker pleads guilty to banking Trojan scam

An Australian hacker has pleaded guilty to infecting 3,000 computers with an information-stealing Trojan. Anthony Scott Harrison, 21, from the Black Forest area near Adelaide, pleaded guilty on Monday to seven computer hacking offences over the attempted cybercrime scam, UPI reports. He used an unnamed strain of malware to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
FAIL

Yeah OK

Nevermind losing bucket loads of people's hard earned cash, 'cos Conroy's more worried about responsible adults seeing a few hairy-pies on their screens!

Anonymous Coward

Another lamer gets owned by plod

Went in a few chat-rooms, downloaded a few files, used a virus-scanner so thought he was quids in, ready to rock up and play the game with the chaps.

Possibly went on fool-chan and learned what a proxy was (won't necessarily help you, originating IP can still be forwarded) but yeah, I can handle that, prolly from his basement or anothers' , didn't change source IP (location) frequently enough, didn't check for Cameras in hot-spot locations. Didn't do alot of things.

Doesn't know anything about lawful intercept where traffic is copied from a source to the pigs server for analysis. By law. On request.

Doesn't know much, really.

And now probably expects to get let-off. Because it didn't really do any harm in the end. It's just kids mucking about with computers, right? Looking for Aliens, I say. The lot of them.

Presidential pardon, anyone?

Anonymous Coward

I know it's not the point but

Did he make any money?

Silver badge

were the rest of us safe?

Or would Conroy's filter have allowed this guy to hack overseas machines?

This topic is closed for new posts.