back to article TomTom update breaks satnav live links

TomTom has posted an update to its old Go x40 Live satnav range - now superseded by the Go x50 Live line that has broken the devices' ability to access online data sources. Users have reported that after the company released version 9.054 of the satnav's firmware, the devices stopped receiving Live - the name TomTom gives to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Simon Buttress
    FAIL

Do they not check these things before rolling out??????

????????

Must contain letters? French.

2. flipper
    FAIL

No surprise

I bought a Go 520 "With Music" - which hyped up the iPod connection.

Without warning, the last update (over a year ago) broke the music function - not completely, but it never updates the currently playing track name. TomTom promised a fix "soon", I chased, no update. I guess it'll never happen.

On top of that, GPRS connectivity was flaky - they said it was Orange's fault, Orange blamed TomTom.

I gave up and now have SatNav (not TomTom) on my iPhone.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ah, TomTom....

Whenever someone is coming to my house and they mention 'SatNav' I have to ask "Is it a TomTom?". If they answer in the affirmative, my reply is "Don't take any notice of that, it's wrong and you'll end up in the next town, outside a house that has the same number as mine, and the same street name, but a completely different postcode!" - Garmin, on the other hand, will lead them to the correct house.

4. Mothballs
    Paris Hilton

TomTom's lost it

This is merely the latest episode in a long line of tomfoolery. Their system still refuses to recognise my Go530T as eligible for Traffic updates since they inadvertently managed to disable that function with a similarly half-baked update some time ago.

Paris, because that's probably where you'd end up when driving to Penzance.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like