NASA has unveiled "the most accurate global Martian map ever" - a 21,000 image mosaic from the Thermal Emission Imaging System (THEMIS) aboard its Mars Odyssey spacecraft. According to the agency, the snaps have been "smoothed, matched, blended and cartographically controlled" to produce the final result, which at full zoom …
I'm waiting for Google to add streetview capability.
When does the Streetview detail come? Spirit and Opportunity have surely been there for a reason!
GPS & StreetView
Halford's ain't stocking Red Planet GPS yet. So just stick it on Google Maps (tm) and quit dicking around. (Gigabyte images indeed...)
hang on whats that
do i spy a cylinder?
The chances of that...
... are a million to one...!
... one house overlooking Horsell Common. Price reduced to reflect imminent arrival of alien invasion fleet.
No Open WiFi?
With no open WiFi to record, why would Google bother to equip the rovers with Streeview gear?
Or should they have gone, in case they found some and in doing so, proved that Martians (a) exist and (b) can't setup password controlled access?
Get it here
Seems to be incorporated in Microsoft's latest version of its Telescope Program.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE