NASA has unveiled "the most accurate global Martian map ever" - a 21,000 image mosaic from the Thermal Emission Imaging System (THEMIS) aboard its Mars Odyssey spacecraft. According to the agency, the snaps have been "smoothed, matched, blended and cartographically controlled" to produce the final result, which at full zoom …
I'm waiting for Google to add streetview capability.
When does the Streetview detail come? Spirit and Opportunity have surely been there for a reason!
GPS & StreetView
Halford's ain't stocking Red Planet GPS yet. So just stick it on Google Maps (tm) and quit dicking around. (Gigabyte images indeed...)
hang on whats that
do i spy a cylinder?
The chances of that...
... are a million to one...!
... one house overlooking Horsell Common. Price reduced to reflect imminent arrival of alien invasion fleet.
No Open WiFi?
With no open WiFi to record, why would Google bother to equip the rovers with Streeview gear?
Or should they have gone, in case they found some and in doing so, proved that Martians (a) exist and (b) can't setup password controlled access?
Get it here
Seems to be incorporated in Microsoft's latest version of its Telescope Program.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs