Nokia and Intel's MeeGo mobile Linux effort has been given a leg up in cars. Car-industry alliance GENIVI has officially chosen MeeGo as the reference release for its In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system. MeeGo will provide the basis for the upcoming GENIVI Apollo release, it was announced Friday. There was not date for when …
Please, please, please
Don't let them call it MeeGivi
Meego was released for Netbooks in May. Handset preview was released end of June.
linux in car ?
So, where's the desktop ?
still crap support for GMA500
so many netbooks and related devices have GMA500 video and yet Intel are useless at supporting this - it's only been community efforts that have made it possible for ubuntu.
having been a fan of maemo, I remain entirely unconvinced that switching from GTK to QT was a good way of getting the community developers to continue to give so freely of their time.
Now I understand....
.....why autonomous, robotic cars are the Next Big Thing.
If they're going to run cars on Linux they're always going to have problems finding a driver.......
Re: Now I understand....
It's better than car's running Windows, so get behind it, or get a bicycle!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...