Nokia and Intel's MeeGo mobile Linux effort has been given a leg up in cars. Car-industry alliance GENIVI has officially chosen MeeGo as the reference release for its In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system. MeeGo will provide the basis for the upcoming GENIVI Apollo release, it was announced Friday. There was not date for when …
Please, please, please
Don't let them call it MeeGivi
Meego was released for Netbooks in May. Handset preview was released end of June.
linux in car ?
So, where's the desktop ?
still crap support for GMA500
so many netbooks and related devices have GMA500 video and yet Intel are useless at supporting this - it's only been community efforts that have made it possible for ubuntu.
having been a fan of maemo, I remain entirely unconvinced that switching from GTK to QT was a good way of getting the community developers to continue to give so freely of their time.
Now I understand....
.....why autonomous, robotic cars are the Next Big Thing.
If they're going to run cars on Linux they're always going to have problems finding a driver.......
Re: Now I understand....
It's better than car's running Windows, so get behind it, or get a bicycle!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER