Fusion-io has created a flash-optimised operating system subsystem, the ioMemory Virtual Storage Layer. VSL effectively pools or fuses traditional server DRAM and additional flash memory so that I/O operations requested by applications for files or blocks can use both DRAM, as before, and flash memory to speed up previously disk …
Fusion-io cards as an NFS IO cache ?
While tackling OS integration, what would really be welcome would be a cacheFS integration, so that NFS mounts to Linux or VMware hosts could hide most of the network latency through a 620 Gb cache.
This would be a huge application performance and network traffic win, while being totally transparent to applications.
(right now our applications cache hot data manually to the Fusion-IO cards. not transparent!)
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about