Fusion-io has created a flash-optimised operating system subsystem, the ioMemory Virtual Storage Layer. VSL effectively pools or fuses traditional server DRAM and additional flash memory so that I/O operations requested by applications for files or blocks can use both DRAM, as before, and flash memory to speed up previously disk …
Fusion-io cards as an NFS IO cache ?
While tackling OS integration, what would really be welcome would be a cacheFS integration, so that NFS mounts to Linux or VMware hosts could hide most of the network latency through a 620 Gb cache.
This would be a huge application performance and network traffic win, while being totally transparent to applications.
(right now our applications cache hot data manually to the Fusion-IO cards. not transparent!)
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64