Fusion-io has created a flash-optimised operating system subsystem, the ioMemory Virtual Storage Layer. VSL effectively pools or fuses traditional server DRAM and additional flash memory so that I/O operations requested by applications for files or blocks can use both DRAM, as before, and flash memory to speed up previously disk …
Fusion-io cards as an NFS IO cache ?
While tackling OS integration, what would really be welcome would be a cacheFS integration, so that NFS mounts to Linux or VMware hosts could hide most of the network latency through a 620 Gb cache.
This would be a huge application performance and network traffic win, while being totally transparent to applications.
(right now our applications cache hot data manually to the Fusion-IO cards. not transparent!)
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning