Fusion-io has created a flash-optimised operating system subsystem, the ioMemory Virtual Storage Layer. VSL effectively pools or fuses traditional server DRAM and additional flash memory so that I/O operations requested by applications for files or blocks can use both DRAM, as before, and flash memory to speed up previously disk …
Fusion-io cards as an NFS IO cache ?
While tackling OS integration, what would really be welcome would be a cacheFS integration, so that NFS mounts to Linux or VMware hosts could hide most of the network latency through a 620 Gb cache.
This would be a huge application performance and network traffic win, while being totally transparent to applications.
(right now our applications cache hot data manually to the Fusion-IO cards. not transparent!)
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?