I'm surprised that Atrato lasted this long
It should be no surprise that Atrato is in the toilet.
1. CEO that doesn't get it
2. CEO doesn't want to hear that he doesn't get it and hire Yes men
3. Poor and changing product positioning with unclear value proposition
4. Can't get over the fact that it is not about the hardware
5. Missing most basic software functionality
6. Revolving door at sales vp
7. CEO tells sales to hit grand slams by signing up OEM deals with few real references
8. Over promise on functionality and under deliver
WHEN there is a fire sale and IF somebody buys the assets, they will need a good software team and somebody that understands marketing to fix all the positing problems.
It is a shame with all the initial promise, that after 4 years Atrato (Sherwood) hasn't made it out of startup mode.