Feeds

back to article MP3tunes and Roku stream music to your TV

Today's forecast for personal music collections: cloudy. Apple is reportedly mulling a move to iTunes-in-the-cloud (that big ol' North Carolina data center is just about ready), Google and Microsoft are making their moves, We7 and Spotify are tapping toes in the UK and beyond, and MP3tunes has opened it's free-if-you-don't-want- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Down

Can't hear you - I'm in the car.

Most of my music=listening is done while driving. Streaming doesn't work well here [dammit, FM radio doesn't work well here either much of the time: often I can only get a hissy rendition of Radio-4 or someone speaking Welsh/Irish!]

Huh?

My TV has the best speakers in the house?

Um... no, that would be my stereo.

Gold badge

TV Speakers

The only speaker worse than the TV ones in my house is the one built into the old clock-radio in the spare room.

TV speakers are notoriously bad, not helped at all by the poor cabinet design. Also what is the point of turning on a 60" (YMMV) screen to _listen_ to music?

That said, at home I'd listen to the files on my server. Anything from an on-demand service will probably have 32bps MP3 files that sound worse than ring-tones.

FAIL

hows this new technology

Been doing this for years using my PS3 or xbox and TVersity to stream not only all the music I want from my PC but any movies or TV shows stored on my PC?

Why would you pay more for more technology to do what any console can do for free (unless you have the RROD)??

This topic is closed for new posts.