In the wake of reporting IBM's second quarter financial results yesterday afternoon, Sam Palmisano, the company's president, chief executive officer, and chairman sent an email to all the employees saying that Big Blue was reorganizing its operations to better reflect the modern IT world. In the moves announced yesterday, a …
It'll just give them another excuse to screw over some more low-level employees.
Let me guess...
They're going to rename all their product lines.
Any brand with Sphere in the title will have it replaced by Balls while Rational will be renamed Plausible...Domino will be renamed Bloody in line with market usage
Sounds like the standard plan for a US multinational that has lost grip on its operations. Yes, put the financial officer in charge, after all, building systems and writing software is just about playing with the numbers to maximize short term shareholder return. Keep the stock up just long enough for the old farts running the show to cash in before the company goes down the tubes.
IBM is the master of doing useless changes. Those groups already work together and could even do more with just some processes changes. But no, they have to make it big and announce to the world how they are going "integrated" (fearing Oracle's message is working?)... it will just be hours and hours of wasted time changing systems naming, titles, etc, etc... been there, seen that.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide