Microsoft has hired a former DARPA software security expert to head up the company’s research wing in Redmond. Dr Peter Lee will join the firm later in the year as Microsoft Research’s new managing director. He will report directly to the division’s senior veep Rick Rashid. “Peter has long played a strong leadership and service …
so my computer will be able to stealth itself into a black hole by the time he has Finished working there. :D
stand by for
microsoft death ray...
you appear to be trying to destroy an oncoming enemy... BSOD
Some extensive use of advanced weapons followed by a start-from-scratch approach is about the only thing that COULD fix the jerry-rigged abomination that is the MS-Windows security model.
I am not sure
he will be able to do anything about windows security woes however I can foresee Microsoft taking out patents on exploding migratory surveillance ducks in the near future. :)
In fairness, microsoft have greatly improved their security in recent times.
As I write this we have a worm in the lab... only affects windows... hmm.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know