Google has acquired Metaweb Technologies, a five-year-old San Francisco startup that maintains a massive open database that details all sorts of real-world stuff in an effort to "build a smarter, more connected Internet." According to a Google blog post, it sees the Metaweb database — dubbed Freebase — as a path to a kind of …
Good to see that Google
is not resting on its laurels (which admittedly are many) in the search engine field. In addition to algorithms which rely mainly on current search-entry usage, ones which connect seemingly disparate inquiries would represent a significant step forward in search technology. This type of cooperation with innovative startups bodes well for Google's future....
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'