Microsoft's other founder, Paul Allen, promised his philanthropy will continue after his death while announcing a series of grants to mark the 20th anniversary of his charitable foundation. Allen makes most of his grants to non-profits in the Pacific North West, where he lives. His foundation has donated more than $400m since …
We need more like him.
I wonder if
he'd consider funding my foundation that provides relief and counselling for people affected by Windows ME?
ME isn't a real operating system.. it's just faking it!
Wasn't the figure something like the world's richest top 125 people own as much personal wealth as the poorest 30% of the world's population?
Blackadder: "The world over cries revolution and few less rich, fat bastards eating all the pies!"
Age shall not weary them,
...nor the years condemn.
Your horribly mangled misquote notwithstanding, It is possible that he and Bill will be remembered fondly in years to come, more for their philanthropic largess than for being the founders of some obscure software company.
We can only hope.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones