Microsoft's other founder, Paul Allen, promised his philanthropy will continue after his death while announcing a series of grants to mark the 20th anniversary of his charitable foundation. Allen makes most of his grants to non-profits in the Pacific North West, where he lives. His foundation has donated more than $400m since …
We need more like him.
I wonder if
he'd consider funding my foundation that provides relief and counselling for people affected by Windows ME?
ME isn't a real operating system.. it's just faking it!
Wasn't the figure something like the world's richest top 125 people own as much personal wealth as the poorest 30% of the world's population?
Blackadder: "The world over cries revolution and few less rich, fat bastards eating all the pies!"
Age shall not weary them,
...nor the years condemn.
Your horribly mangled misquote notwithstanding, It is possible that he and Bill will be remembered fondly in years to come, more for their philanthropic largess than for being the founders of some obscure software company.
We can only hope.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad