Pentax has taken its Optio I-10 compact camera and given it a tasty retro makeover. With that leather-esque body, case and strap, it certainly looks like my dad's old camera. Pentax Optio I-10 The internals are modern, though: 12.1Mp sensor; 5x optical zoom; 28mm wide angle lens; CCD-shift shake-reduction rig; 720p video …
Crying out for an EVF
Optical viewfinders got dropped from compacts for a combination of reducing body size, increasing screen size (no matter how misguided) and difficulty of keeping pace with ever-extending zooms. But now there's a lump that looks like it should have a viewfinder; an EVF would be great and avoid the zoom problem, but no. Just looks silly, like a netbook with ugly bezels round a 7" screen.
Monumentally ugly overall still, anyway.
I'll stick with my ancient Hasselblad. Anything from B&W film to my 39Mp back ... Works for me, anyway :-)
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging