Here’s a great blog (“Elite HPC and the Cloud Culture Clash”) discussing how much – well, actually, how little – the current hype behind cloud computing is swaying folks at large supercomputing sites. In the article, Nicole Hemsoth correctly identifies cloud computing as more of a business model than radical new technology. She …
More of a cultural thing really
To counter this report I'll like to James Hamilton's blog:
HPC has a history of people saying 'never' and then jumping ship faster than ever imagined.
Worries about algorithms and data always have been bumf. Also, it's possible that HPC in the could may open the field of HPC to _more_ people, established players are not the only possible beneficiaries.
- JLaw, Kate Upton EXPOSED in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NUDE PHOTOS hack