Here’s a great blog (“Elite HPC and the Cloud Culture Clash”) discussing how much – well, actually, how little – the current hype behind cloud computing is swaying folks at large supercomputing sites. In the article, Nicole Hemsoth correctly identifies cloud computing as more of a business model than radical new technology. She …
More of a cultural thing really
To counter this report I'll like to James Hamilton's blog:
HPC has a history of people saying 'never' and then jumping ship faster than ever imagined.
Worries about algorithms and data always have been bumf. Also, it's possible that HPC in the could may open the field of HPC to _more_ people, established players are not the only possible beneficiaries.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars