Privacy shortcomings in Chatroulette expose users to security risks, according to a study by security researchers. Boffins at the University of Colorado at Boulder and McGill University were able to show that a pre-recorded low-quality video of an attractive woman could fool the majority of participants into thinking the feed …
Someone gave them a grant to research this?
20 minutes on 4chan would have told them the same thing.
I thought chatroulette was only used by channers to show each other their penisis?
"...an attractive woman could fool the majority of participants"
if they are male, I'm sure that's true
You can trick people on the internet, who would have guessed.
As for exposing IP addresses, it seems unlikely that there are any world class hackers trawling chatroulette for victims. You can pretty much guarantee that someone with real hacking ability probably isn't that interested in the contents of some ignorant 12 year old's hard drive.
Phishing clearly isn't the only type of exposure people are liable to face when using ChatRoulette. I mean, seriously, who the hell non-public-wankers, women looking for free dong, or gay guys in the world have used it over 15 seconds? 14 seconds of which is the web page loading?
Chartoulette? Privacy? :o
Never thought they'd be in the same sentence..
Fake videos? On *MY* chatroulette?
Say it ain't so! And what's this now about my computer broadcasting an IP address???
Created because good p()rn is expensive in Russia.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait