Feeds

back to article Researchers expose privacy flaws in Chatroulette

Privacy shortcomings in Chatroulette expose users to security risks, according to a study by security researchers. Boffins at the University of Colorado at Boulder and McGill University were able to show that a pre-recorded low-quality video of an attractive woman could fool the majority of participants into thinking the feed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Unhappy

Someone gave them a grant to research this?

20 minutes on 4chan would have told them the same thing.

Anonymous Coward

huh

I thought chatroulette was only used by channers to show each other their penisis?

Anonymous Coward

really?

"...an attractive woman could fool the majority of participants"

if they are male, I'm sure that's true

Anonymous Coward

well duh

You can trick people on the internet, who would have guessed.

As for exposing IP addresses, it seems unlikely that there are any world class hackers trawling chatroulette for victims. You can pretty much guarantee that someone with real hacking ability probably isn't that interested in the contents of some ignorant 12 year old's hard drive.

Stu
Paris Hilton

Exposed?

Phishing clearly isn't the only type of exposure people are liable to face when using ChatRoulette. I mean, seriously, who the hell non-public-wankers, women looking for free dong, or gay guys in the world have used it over 15 seconds? 14 seconds of which is the web page loading?

Yeuch.

title

Chartoulette? Privacy? :o

Never thought they'd be in the same sentence..

Obligatory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cqdic_Qxk

Black Helicopters

Fake videos? On *MY* chatroulette?

Say it ain't so! And what's this now about my computer broadcasting an IP address???

Gold badge
Joke

Chatroulette

Created because good p()rn is expensive in Russia.

This topic is closed for new posts.