Google.cn’s website operator had its licence renewed late last week, a Beijing official confirmed yesterday. Last Friday Google put out a terse statement confirming that the company’s Internet Content Provider (ICP) licence had been renewed for another year. But that only happened after Mountain View management agreed to stop …
Spy on Google and get Google to sell its own CN users out, how original!
..as to why this story has not been shredded to pieces by El Reg commentards???
(I do love a good conspiracy theory, me, but I suspect it may have more to do with this story being soft-leaked almost a week ago - reputation management anyone?)
So all that
huffing and puffing by Google ended up for no use whatsoever.
Good way to drive publicity though.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...