Google.cn’s website operator had its licence renewed late last week, a Beijing official confirmed yesterday. Last Friday Google put out a terse statement confirming that the company’s Internet Content Provider (ICP) licence had been renewed for another year. But that only happened after Mountain View management agreed to stop …
Spy on Google and get Google to sell its own CN users out, how original!
..as to why this story has not been shredded to pieces by El Reg commentards???
(I do love a good conspiracy theory, me, but I suspect it may have more to do with this story being soft-leaked almost a week ago - reputation management anyone?)
So all that
huffing and puffing by Google ended up for no use whatsoever.
Good way to drive publicity though.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call