We checked in with Hewlett-Packard’s HPC folks recently for an interesting conversation about their strategy and new products, and got a glimpse of their futures. One of the most noteworthy tidbits is the deal that they are working on with NEC for the Tsubame system, which will find a home at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. …
And China has the #2 system
I just popped over to top500.org, and lo and behold, China is #2 with the Nebulae machine. Woof! I remember when a company I worked for shipped a system over to China. The clock speed was slowed down to meet with State Department approval.
Now you need a system cranking out 25 TFlops to get a mention.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE