Feeds

back to article Bad software blamed for AT&T iPhone upload choke

The hue and cry over AT&T's supposed "throttling" of iPhone 4 uploads turns out to have been premature — that is, if AT&T's explanation is to be believed. AT&T Wednesday issued a statement that said the upload slow-downs stemmed from software problems in their Alcatel-Lucent HSUPA equipment. The statement came after the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
FAIL

Yeah right!

I am an AT&T DSL user and my connection times have gone through the floor. Many times I am told a page failed to load because I am not connected to the internet. Then I am able to reload it.

Their infrastructure just isn't big enough to handle all the users.

Big Brother

V

Welcome to the Next-Generation Internet where 40 billion devices are always connected, always on and constantly twittering.

5+Mbps???

They better be glad ATT's choking their speeds or they would use up their monthly 2GB limit in less than an hour at 5+Mbps.

FAIL

Far be it from me...

... to suggest such a thing but would those "certain conditions" be when AT&T configure it so?

Rant

**Warning** This is a rant that has nothing to do with AT&T or the iphone, but has everything to do with connection speeds...

It turns my stomach to see portable wireless devices that have or are supposed to have such decent transfer rates, and i cant even get download speeds that are even comparable to the iphone 4's upload speed...

Its not like i live out in the sticks or anything, i live in the 5th largest city / 12th largest metropolitan area in the US, and the best i can get is 3mbps down and 894kbps up...

F*ck you Qwest! may you rot in hell...

Headmaster

1/10

No "!!!11!!elebenty!one!"`s

No "CAPSLOCK"

Most important I understood every word.

Please try harder.

Big Brother

Unlimited data?

AT&T has never had truly unlimited data plans. They had a plan that was advertised as unlimited, with a 5GB/mo cap in the fine print. The recent change to a 2GB/mo plan for $5 less is par for the course. I pray that the Verizon rumors that keep recurring are indicative of future events (and I have issues with Verizon too, just not as many as AT&T).

This topic is closed for new posts.