back to article Transformers: War for Cybertron

At its heart, Transformers: War for Cyberton is a five-minute experience stretched out over 10 hours. That's hardly surprising when you consider the source material – an animated TV series and range of comic books cynically cobbled together to sell a faceless range of Japanese toys. Transformers: War for Cybertron The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

When you say best in the saga...

... can I just confirm you played Ocean's classic 8bit adaption?

Not all the Transformers games were rubbish

Go out and find the Transformers game on PS2. No, not the movie tie-in - the one before it. True, it's based on Armada, but it's a really good game.

FAIL

The best? Surely you mean worst?

I was looking forward to the release of this title, but was incredibly disappointed. The control method, at least on the PS3 version that I bought, is far from intuitive, and the lack of a head up display means that the player frequently has no idea in which direction they are supposed to head in, or why they are taking damage, given that almost all the enemies blend into the background like chameleons!

As Greg J Preece says, the PS2 Armada-inspired game is a great game - and is head and shoulders above this one. I'd even go so far as to say that even the two movie titles were better than this.

After several hours frustration, I decided to trade the game in, and got Batman: Arkham Asylum instead - same engine... MUCH better game!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums