The open source Likewise authentication tool for meshing Linux, Unix, and Mac OS systems into Windows Active Directory networks has been polished a bit for the Likewise Open 6.0 release. Likewise Open is the open source variant of the tool is freely distributed — and is really a springboard to the money maker, Likewise …
The more I use Likewise's Unix group policy products, the more I realise how fantastic they are.
Keep 'em coming, Likewise!
6th of July
It's not available to download for another week or so. I've used it in a few teaching labs for students and it's a whole lot easier than faffing around with "plain" samba or a direct LDAP->A.D connection. Hopefully 6.0 will clear up the last few issues I've seen with trust relationships in A.D.
Sometimes I miss yp mind you ;-)
Is me the only one
Who thinks the prices for the paid for versions are way too expensive?
This reminds me of all the alternatives to Exchange currently available on Linux, buy any of those for 10-50 users and you'll discover quickly that buying the MS' original is cheaper.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide