The open source Likewise authentication tool for meshing Linux, Unix, and Mac OS systems into Windows Active Directory networks has been polished a bit for the Likewise Open 6.0 release. Likewise Open is the open source variant of the tool is freely distributed — and is really a springboard to the money maker, Likewise …
The more I use Likewise's Unix group policy products, the more I realise how fantastic they are.
Keep 'em coming, Likewise!
6th of July
It's not available to download for another week or so. I've used it in a few teaching labs for students and it's a whole lot easier than faffing around with "plain" samba or a direct LDAP->A.D connection. Hopefully 6.0 will clear up the last few issues I've seen with trust relationships in A.D.
Sometimes I miss yp mind you ;-)
Is me the only one
Who thinks the prices for the paid for versions are way too expensive?
This reminds me of all the alternatives to Exchange currently available on Linux, buy any of those for 10-50 users and you'll discover quickly that buying the MS' original is cheaper.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout