The operator of Google.cn submitted an Internet Content Provider (ICP) licence renewal request yesterday on behalf of Mountain View. Xinhua news agency reported that Guxiang Information Technology Co. Ltd, which runs Google’s China website, applied for the licence and vowed to “abide by the Chinese law”. The application was …
Let them inbreed
Personally, I think that the Chinese government will keep the decent money in Chinese businesses anyway, so all that outside companies will pick up, are crumbs. I'd say, pull out and leave them to it.
Well played, but still unclassy.
Just went to google.cn and, from what it seems, the search buttons and bar have been replaced with a clickable picture of the search bar and the buttons, which leads to google.com.hk. So, when Average Chang (aka, the Average Joe of China) clicks on the search bar or the buttons, he will magically be sent to the hong kong page.
Well played Google, but still unclassy. It's like a scammer hijacked the .cn page.
Anyway, this is all good, as Chinese users can access uncensored results, and, with mirrors of sites popping up daily, they may even reach to information the regime would prefer to stay censored.
Love Google (most angelically evil company. ever)
A scammer did hijack the .cn page, pretty much. Only, the scam is called Chinese government censorship.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast