I admit: group policy is a pretty dry subject. If you are reading an article about group policy, you aren’t here for my sense of humour. This means that you are seeking a few technical tidbits. In Windows, it's not easy to do this. Group policy changes with every iteration of Windows. Some group policy topics can be approached …
...rock my world. As you mentioned, with GPMC and the new preferences and XML based files it's actually a very good systems management and configuration tool for small and medium enterprises.
Rightly point out that for complex enviro's and large companies it's a bit messy keeping track (although I think GPMC and MDOP have helped with that a great amount).
One point though - if your using Group Policy and want change control and the other nice bits MDOP provides then your probably going to be a Volume Licence customer. 5 OS licences is still the criteria for an Open contract - I just can't see why a shop with less than 5 machines would be worried about change control!!
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it