back to article Windows group policies in the real world

I admit: group policy is a pretty dry subject. If you are reading an article about group policy, you aren’t here for my sense of humour. This means that you are seeking a few technical tidbits. In Windows, it's not easy to do this. Group policy changes with every iteration of Windows. Some group policy topics can be approached …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Group Policies...

...rock my world. As you mentioned, with GPMC and the new preferences and XML based files it's actually a very good systems management and configuration tool for small and medium enterprises.

Rightly point out that for complex enviro's and large companies it's a bit messy keeping track (although I think GPMC and MDOP have helped with that a great amount).

One point though - if your using Group Policy and want change control and the other nice bits MDOP provides then your probably going to be a Volume Licence customer. 5 OS licences is still the criteria for an Open contract - I just can't see why a shop with less than 5 machines would be worried about change control!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums