back to article Windows group policies in the real world

I admit: group policy is a pretty dry subject. If you are reading an article about group policy, you aren’t here for my sense of humour. This means that you are seeking a few technical tidbits. In Windows, it's not easy to do this. Group policy changes with every iteration of Windows. Some group policy topics can be approached …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Original Steve

Group Policies...

...rock my world. As you mentioned, with GPMC and the new preferences and XML based files it's actually a very good systems management and configuration tool for small and medium enterprises.

Rightly point out that for complex enviro's and large companies it's a bit messy keeping track (although I think GPMC and MDOP have helped with that a great amount).

One point though - if your using Group Policy and want change control and the other nice bits MDOP provides then your probably going to be a Volume Licence customer. 5 OS licences is still the criteria for an Open contract - I just can't see why a shop with less than 5 machines would be worried about change control!!

This topic is closed for new posts.