A plucky Finn's quest to be the first man to traverse much of the length of Finland riding a small imported Chinese mechanical digger has ended in success. Jukka 'Excavatorjack' Mutanen and his SWE17B. Credit: Sunward An inspiration to us all. To rapturous applause from crowds of fans, freelance excavator repairman and …
Add to that a little rapturous applause from an overheating IT office in the Midlands, too. Well done Finnish nutter!
Typical of the building trades - turn up late for a job!
Great acheivement but...
Kuusamo is nowhere near the far north of Finland. Its only just inside the Artic Circle (The wife and I went there for our honeymoon). Still impressive (if strange) but if you're going to do something that odd, do it properly.
What's the artic circle?
Is that something to do with the human heart?
To finish first...
...you must first be Finnish.
well done ...
birch twigs all around
What price tradtion?
Once upon a time, no Finn would have contemplated such a tractor journey in anything but a Zetor (or maybe a Massey Ferguson if they were posh). Sure, the Chinese mini digger may have caterpillar tracks and a comfortable weatherproof enclosed canopy, but that's not the same thiing as feeling the icy wind blowing through your Karvalakki (fur cap). Now that would be Sisu.
That is all.
If there weren't any, this says something for the manufacturer...
Great!!!! the Daily series of Digger Cam
Now comes out on DVD - buy the whole set!
Next weeks, Yodrrick crosses entire european continent.
$500 subscription comes with a 100 DVD bonus set of daily driving highlights.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...