Lenovo's Skylight ARM-based netbook may arrive rather later than expected - but with a better processor. Moles in Taiwan suggest that the Skylight will be upgraded from single-core 1GHz processor to a dual-core part running at 1.5GHz, DigiTimes reports, both from Qualcomm's Snapdragon line. Lenovo_skylight_03 Lenovo …
Will it run RISC OS?
It can, if someone makes a port. It is no simple matter, though, as you would need to write drivers for all the hardware. And you would not exploit the hardware graphics acceleration unless you did even more work to rewrite the graphics routines. In practice, I would say that it is doubtful that it ever will.
In any case, it looks O.K. and has a decent screen resolution (which many other smartbooks, alas, do not). I'm in no hurry to buy a new laptop/netbook/smartbook right now, so I can wait yet another five months. There is a risk, though, that a lot of potential buyers will have bought an iPad or a Wintel netbook before then, so it might miss the boat. Especially if it isn't priced right.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Origins of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE fished out of SCOTTISH LAKE