Feeds

back to article Lenovo sets back smartbook launch

Lenovo's Skylight ARM-based netbook may arrive rather later than expected - but with a better processor. Moles in Taiwan suggest that the Skylight will be upgraded from single-core 1GHz processor to a dual-core part running at 1.5GHz, DigiTimes reports, both from Qualcomm's Snapdragon line. Lenovo_skylight_03 Lenovo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

But...

Will it run RISC OS?

RISC OS

It can, if someone makes a port. It is no simple matter, though, as you would need to write drivers for all the hardware. And you would not exploit the hardware graphics acceleration unless you did even more work to rewrite the graphics routines. In practice, I would say that it is doubtful that it ever will.

In any case, it looks O.K. and has a decent screen resolution (which many other smartbooks, alas, do not). I'm in no hurry to buy a new laptop/netbook/smartbook right now, so I can wait yet another five months. There is a risk, though, that a lot of potential buyers will have bought an iPad or a Wintel netbook before then, so it might miss the boat. Especially if it isn't priced right.

This topic is closed for new posts.