Pillar Data has fired some of its workforce, but it's no big deal according to the company. ESG's senior analyst and co-founder Steve Duplessie revealed the news in a tweet late yesterday, saying: "Looks like Pillar canned a bunch of folks. Unfortunately predictable" — implying that the firm was downsizing in response to …
Who would want to work at Pillar??
I don't know anyone that currently works at Pillar, but I know plenty of people that HAVE worked there. It seems to be a revolving door, no sooner are they in than they leave - usually of their own accord.
The product just doesn't do what they say it will do, and performance is bad.
There's a reason they aren't as prevalent as any of the "new" storage competitors (such as Equalogic, 3par, Lefthand, Compelent etc).
It's certainly not a company that successful people work for.
Way behind the storage pack.
Pillar are odd recruiters - using a naive graduate-project style questionaire to vet sales post applicants. No focus on business technology, just cold calling techniques. Sign of a company in trouble, EMC they are not.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER