Oracle has updated Sun's ZFS-using 7000 unified storage system, adding Fibre Channel connectivity and doubling its capacity. The Sun 7000 was Sun's last independent storage product and has turned out to be a winner with its hybrid flash and hard drive storage pools, DTrace analytics software, and ZFS file system with its …
There is just nothing like it on the market - robust features, tremendous capacity, low cost per Terabyte, extreme performance, and analytics unsurpassed by any industry player!
And now with *drumroll* FC support.
(SUN fanboy audience in a hysteric state of euphoria.)
Steve Jobs, because...well you know
Even before, it did >2-3GB/sec and 100.000 IOPS, on a 40 GBit NIC. That is close to theoretical maximum. FC is not really needed, it is just another way of connection.
All Well and Good!!!
....but its a pity that Oracle dont pull their finger out and get the right levels of support pricing and the OPN contracts signed before all the resellers drift of and sell other vendors products elsewhere.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM