Oracle has updated Sun's ZFS-using 7000 unified storage system, adding Fibre Channel connectivity and doubling its capacity. The Sun 7000 was Sun's last independent storage product and has turned out to be a winner with its hybrid flash and hard drive storage pools, DTrace analytics software, and ZFS file system with its …
There is just nothing like it on the market - robust features, tremendous capacity, low cost per Terabyte, extreme performance, and analytics unsurpassed by any industry player!
And now with *drumroll* FC support.
(SUN fanboy audience in a hysteric state of euphoria.)
Steve Jobs, because...well you know
Even before, it did >2-3GB/sec and 100.000 IOPS, on a 40 GBit NIC. That is close to theoretical maximum. FC is not really needed, it is just another way of connection.
All Well and Good!!!
....but its a pity that Oracle dont pull their finger out and get the right levels of support pricing and the OPN contracts signed before all the resellers drift of and sell other vendors products elsewhere.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display