Google has updated its Google Docs Viewer to allow those who walk the iOS path to share in the joy of viewing - though not editing - their Google-hosted documents. There's also now an Android version and both will happily display .doc and .docx formats, the latter being used by more recent versions of Microsoft Office, along …
Who is stupid enough to put their life on the cloud?
Whilst the feature may be suitable for things like shopping lists, I wouldn't put my finiancial details etc. on there. I mean, I know Google aren't evil, but still...
This feature is useless, until you can actually edit.
You are, of course, correct...
cos those organisations such as the banks and HMRC that deal online and have all your financial details are never evil, or indeed strikingly inept...
I've been happily using Google Docs on my iPhone for months.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of unusual BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan