Google has released the latest stable build of its Chrome browser, and it integrates what Steve Jobs hates. On May 30, in a none-to-subtle answer to the Flash-phobic Jobs, Mountain View announced that future versions of Chrome would bundle the Adobe plug-in, and began testing the setup in the Chrome developer channel. Less than …
A tangential gem ...
Actually, it's really smart that Chrome auto-updates all browsers. Can you imagine if Web software only had to be developed with 3-4 browsers/version in consideration.
I'm all for this being a trend.
'One Netizen's comment'
I cry bullshit on that - sounded more like 'one well placed PR department' - no typical netizan can type like that, u fak0r teh qu0t3 4 lols!
"Auto update sows What Jobs Hates™"
Jobs hates it because Adobe spent 10 years on their software for OSX and it's still crap.
Have you used Flash on a Mac? It's terrible. No, it's worse than that - it's FUCKING TERRIBLE!
In fact, I'd more or less banned it myself (using click-to-flash) before Jobs did.
It makes the web faster and there are no distracting moving/beeping adverts. Lovely.
Of course, if you want annoying adverts on webpages and you want the extra bandwidth consumption on your mobile phone then go ahead and get some platform with Flash...
"If you run Chrome and would prefer it weren't infested with Flash..."
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account