Google has released the latest stable build of its Chrome browser, and it integrates what Steve Jobs hates. On May 30, in a none-to-subtle answer to the Flash-phobic Jobs, Mountain View announced that future versions of Chrome would bundle the Adobe plug-in, and began testing the setup in the Chrome developer channel. Less than …
A tangential gem ...
Actually, it's really smart that Chrome auto-updates all browsers. Can you imagine if Web software only had to be developed with 3-4 browsers/version in consideration.
I'm all for this being a trend.
'One Netizen's comment'
I cry bullshit on that - sounded more like 'one well placed PR department' - no typical netizan can type like that, u fak0r teh qu0t3 4 lols!
"Auto update sows What Jobs Hates™"
Jobs hates it because Adobe spent 10 years on their software for OSX and it's still crap.
Have you used Flash on a Mac? It's terrible. No, it's worse than that - it's FUCKING TERRIBLE!
In fact, I'd more or less banned it myself (using click-to-flash) before Jobs did.
It makes the web faster and there are no distracting moving/beeping adverts. Lovely.
Of course, if you want annoying adverts on webpages and you want the extra bandwidth consumption on your mobile phone then go ahead and get some platform with Flash...
"If you run Chrome and would prefer it weren't infested with Flash..."
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad