Cloud infrastructure wannabe and Linux juggernaut Red Hat has announced the next rev of its Enterprise Virtualization commercial-grade KVM hypervisor, saying it has qualified it to scale further and also adding the ability to support desktop images as well as server images. At the Red Hat Summit today in Boston, the company also …
"vSphere management stack can only manage 32 hosts in a cluster as a single management domain."
is crap. While true that only 32 hosts can be part of cluster, A single Virtual Center server can manage 200-300 hosts, and upto 1000 hosts in linked mode. And will increase in the near future ;)
Have they sorted out an alternative to the Windows only management server yet? Some sort of nice HTTP interface with accompanying API? That way I can get Nagios to kick off a script when the load exceeds a certain threshold to boot another VM and get my F5 iControl to add it into the LTM load balancer pool auto-magically.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS