Manufacturers may have plans to release a fair few 3D TVs this year, but for the moment the range is limited, typically to a single product line for each supplier split into one or more screen sizes. Here are the TVs I've looked at in this initial round-up, but Reg Hardware will reviewing more as these manufacturers release them …
Unfair price comparison?
I don't get it. The cost of the Samsung and the Sony with two pairs of glasses and the sync widget was still cheaper than the other models. They were smaller TVs admittedly, but that was not your point.
Good article tho'.
Console and 3D
All 3D coverage seems to be about films. What about video games?
Am I missing something? Final Fantasy, GTA, Mario, Resident Evil, StreetFighter... In 3D? Are consoles gearing up for 2D/3D instead of 50Hz/60Hz?
PS The cheaper passive tech can be used on existing kit (I've tried; the bipolarisation was explained to me as I am an an idiot, and *I* got it to work).
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display