The NoSQL database that powers Facebook's popular FarmVille and Café World games is being released as a public open-source project. Zynga (the games' creator), NoSQL start-up NorthScale, and Korean games portal NHN have announced the membase open-source project at Membase.org, under an Apache 2.0 license. All three have …
These conditions are unlikely to be all true
"These could include banks with millions of customers accessing online account information and other services that need low latency and high throughput that can't be delivered by a traditional relational database."
1) banking applications with million of customers
2) who need high throughput operations
3) who need low latency
4) who are willing to take a relaxed view on the ACIDity of their transactions
one way to mafia wars to work
for a whole week........
Sybase, even without IMDB and Oracle have already got there. I've managed systems which have no problem delivering this kind of performance and do all the nice ACID stuff too.
I applaud them for trying a new approach but let's not overstate their case.
"These could include banks with millions of customers accessing online account information"
You are overdrawn by £55 on your current account and your rent cheque has bounced! Click here to share the news with your friends!
Debug Our App....please!
"Users able to support themselves are typically very sophisticated users - they find problems and fixes for problems in the software - that ultimately ends up maturing the software."
Translation: "We hope that they'll find the bugs our own developers can't be bothered to hunt down while we wow our paying customers with new features (containing yet more bugs.)"
Yeah, that's that the open source movement is _really_ _good_ at--debugging.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad