Feeds

back to article Linux 'copter flies in to Blighty

Parrot's helicopter-like executive toy, the AR.Drone, will land in the UK in August, the company revealed last night. Priced at £299, the Drone is a tad too pricey to pick up for the offspring, but eminently affordable for your average gadget fan. After all, they'll need an iPhone to run the remote control software - 'nuff said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

they'll need an iPhone ?

Then they can iPhuck off. What a stupid pointless restriction to your potential sales.

It looked like a brilliant toy for checking crops - in the country where the only use for an iPhone is posing. They just lost 90% of their potential market.

iPrats.

Go

Sigh

@Tom 7

Firstly, shut-up.

Secondly, they're also releasing an Android controller. Happy now?

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Awesome

I've been waiting since about August for them to release this. £299 doesn't quite fit into the impulse-buy department, but I expected as much..

FAIL

Sounded interesting until...

...I read the license for the SDK.

Android too.

Contrary to popular demand, the have an open source Android controller for it too.

Silver badge
Joke

This is the year...

that Linux takes off !

Thumb Up

Re: This is the year

@Chemist

Nice1. My keyboard is now drenched in coffee!!1oneone

Anonymous Coward

Perv-o-copter

The local neighbourhood voyeur could hover one of these outside someone's bedroom window with the camera routing a live feed back to their iPhone. Assuming they can keep it steady enough to maintain a hover, 12 minutes fly time should be more than ample for their purposes...

Still, at least flying one handed makes a change from typing one handed.

Anon because I'm somewhat embarrassed that I even thought of this application.

Thumb Up

iTouch

Will work with one of those too, I imagine that clients will be available for desktop, either as a browser plug in, flash, or something similar.

Been following this on Facebook for a while, they do look great fun, especially if you team up more than one, wonder if I can get my client to buy a few to play with in their warehouse?!

This topic is closed for new posts.