back to article Fans fall in to await iPhone 4 arrival

The wait has begun. With the iPhone 4 going on sale from 8am tomorrow - 24 June - morning, a few early birds have already nestled down in front of Apple UK's flagship store on London's Regent Street. Canadian Apple fan Alex Lee actually began queueing with his sister at midnight. Facing a 36-hour wait, he claimed that websites …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Proof...

...that the apple devotees have more money than sense. They apparently don't need jobs (with a small 'j'), yet can afford to buy expensive shiny toys. I guess they could've taken annual leave to loiter in Regent Street, but in a way that's worse. Tools.

1. nickrw

Re: Proof...

I'll be queueing early tomorrow morning (Glasgow Apple store) for the 8AM opening. Why? Because I *do* have a job, and 8AM is before 9AM.

It most definitely isn't because of the applause you get when walking in / leaving. Hate that, excruciatingly embarrassing.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Any company

that would applaud their customers just for buying something must think they're a bunch of tossers.

2. Colin Miller
        Jobs Halo

Good luck

getting served in 30mins and then running to your work...

3. The Other Steve
        WTF?

So go at lunchtime

"I'll be queueing early tomorrow morning (Glasgow Apple store) for the 8AM opening. Why? Because I *do* have a job, and 8AM is before 9AM."

Or wait. They aren't /actually/ magic, you know. And if you pre ordered it, they'll hold it for you, so what's the rush ?

2. scottinsheff

oh dear

wondering how many of em in that queue have ever kissed a girl......

1. Rob
      Coat

kissed a girl.... and liked it?

no need for a coat it's loverly weather outside, I'm off to the beach for my lunch break :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And don't forget the sunscreen

Damn right - high UV levels expected, no shade. Those Apple-afficionados are gonna fry.

I wonder if there will be any cases of heatstroke?

1. Annihilator

And don't forget the portaloo

Where does Reiner go to relieve himself? Who keeps his place in the queue? Do any of them REALLY believe that if they turned up at 8 tomorrow, they wouldn't get one?

It's funny, I'm guessing normally Apple would phone the police and get them to move on any tramps sleeping outside their shop...

Don't believe the hype people. Turn up tomorrow, see if you can get one, and if not, just bloody wait. That's my plan.

4. opaque

Mmmm

I can't see how these people are going to be able to walk in and get more than one. If they are reserved then you are only supposed to be able to get one per person. I guess there will be some people that have other peoples numbers and are collecting them, but is that actually allowed? Not from what I've heard, but who knows?

The funny thing is if they are reserved they can go in at anytime and pick theirs up. If they've not then they'll be out of luck as I can't imagine there will be any spares for sale!

1. gjvis

when could you pre-order for pick-up in store?

from the text on the apple site it looks like tomorrow is all walk-ins, the pre-orders are for home deliviery. or am i missing something?

5. unclesmurf
    Go

Crazy

Why not just order online and wait to get it delivered to u!!

1. Jamie Jones Silver badge

Exactly!

More idiots queueing to be the first!

I remember being this impatient.... As a kid on Christmas eve.

GROW UP FFS

6. ahd

Orange and iphone

while reporting on this youve gone very quiet on reporting the complete horlix the phone operators are making of this release. Accepted the phone is in short supply - Orange have no idea what is going on - they have no micro sims available and no information for when they will for business or personal users - O2 is little better - come on this is the story not some fanbois sitting on a street corner!!

7. Steven McAdam

o2 just offered me an iPhone 4!

o2 just called me up, unprompted, and offered me an iPhone, for delivery tomorrow... as a 'valued customer'. I totally wasn't expecting that! I was registered for the info on the website, that's all.

8. Bill Fresher
    Gates Halo

Buy as many iPhones as he can

My guess is that he'll be able to buy two.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

First guy in the queue

The 1st guy in the queue is wearing a UFC t-shirt.

Never before had I considered those three letters, which previously represented the pinnacle of pugilistic combat, to mean U-F***ing-C**t over their true meaning of 'Ultimate Fighting Championship'.

I'll never watch another bout in the same light again.

10. Matt_payne666
    FAIL

publicity...

idiots hoping to score nerd points among their geek (probably online) friends...

and digressing slightly, i wonder if matey there can actually see the screen there on his laptop in the sun?! maybe he should try reading on the apple e-reader for the 36 hours... oh... wait, it will have run out of power before close of business!

loosers...

(written on a Panasonic toughbook, on the yacht, 9hours away from the mains... with a sony PRS300 to distract me from too much apple fanboyism!)

1. Nexox Enigma

No Kidding...

"""and digressing slightly, i wonder if matey there can actually see the screen there on his laptop in the sun?!"""

Reading a MBP screen in full sunlight is about as fun and easy as reading the wattage rating printed on a high wattage incandescent bulb, while it's on. Sure it's possible, but your eyes just won't ever be the same again.

11. The Other Steve
    WTF?

Freaks

I like Apple kit, really I do, but seriously, get a life ! Here's how I bought my iPad, I walked into the shop the day after the release, bought it, and walked out. It took ten minutes of my life.

All this queueing and clapping stuff is creepy and wrong, my living will kicks in if I ever attend such an abhorrent ceremony, and I will be gently euthanased shortly afterward. It's really the kindest thing.

12. DEAD4EVER

fans wait for iphone

for goodness sake people are so sad waiting for a phone what is special about a phone with a half bitten apple on it i mean seriously people need to get a grip theres other phones not just apple.

13. Player_16
    Megaphone

Sure,'theres other phones...'

... But I want THIS ONE!! wWA, WAA, WAA, ..THIS ONE!! WWWWAA AA A AWW... THIS ONE!! WA WAA WA WAA WWAAA WAA !!,, I... WANT...THIS...ONE... WAAAAA!!!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like