Feeds

back to article Facebook in 'solid net profit' shocker

Facebook pulled in a $700 to $800 million in revenue during 2009, according to a report citing two sources familiar with the situation. Reuters reports that last year, the social networking site made actually made a "solid" net profit — somewhere in the tens of millions of dollars. These figures are higher than expected for the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Unhappy

and this upturn happened when

would this have anythng to do with the relaxing of privacy controls then having to wind them back in? but to late the genie (private data) was already out of the bottle

and the encouraging user to share everything by default

users private lives being monetorised again

peter

Def
Bronze badge
WTF?

shurely shome mishtake

If you really wanted your life to be private, you probably wouldn't be posting the details on facebook.

WTF?

If you really have a life at all.

You're probably not on Facebook anyway.

Happy

A cruel thing to do with the profits....

..would be to use them to to buy Bebo.

Black Helicopters

C.I.A.

Most of this money comes from spooks such as the C.I.A.

Thumb Down

ROI?

How much investor capital was consumed to get there? When will the return on investment be? If it's still in the red then it's still a hobby not a business (although a very big one).

Thumb Down

Thank you Peter Jones

But the "hobby not business" on Dragons Den won't get the investment at all.

Silver badge

Total cost

I'm just wondering, with $25m/yr spent on data centres, how much money has been sunk into Facebook in total so far and therefore how long before profitable means "profitable since inception"?

Pish-tosh

Everyone knows that only the last quarter is of any financial significance. Apart from the next quarter of course.

Flame

Facebook Credits will draw in the cash

1) Allow people to innovate on top of your platform

2) Then f*ck them over

3) Profit.

Silver badge

Is that before or after

settling the coming privacy lawsuits?

This topic is closed for new posts.