Set-top box maker Humax is to rebroadcast the long-anticipated firmware updates for its Freeview DVRs this week. Owners of Humax's PVR-9150T, PVR-9200T and PVR-9300T will get a second stab at downloading the software from 28 June. The revised firmware is claimed to fix UI and system slowdown woes that have hit all three boxes …
I thought my box was screwed
My Humax 9200T box has been slow/unresponsive for ages and I just assumed it was on its way out but since the update (to 1.0.23) it is working like new again (+ now the EPG is already populated on start up).
Whilst it is nice that they have delivered an update, it would have been nice for them to advertise the issues they have been suffering as much as they have advertised the actual update (I got an email) as I was about to invest in something else (probably a Topfield).
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook