Feeds

back to article Microsoft and eBay build fraudster blacklist

Microsoft is teaming up with eBay and several other organisations to create a blacklist of fraudulently obtained log-in details for online services or compromised credit card numbers. Other members include PayPal, the Federal Trade Commission, National Consumers League and the American Bankers Association. The service goes live …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

What?

"compromised credit card numbers" Errr, should the banks be doing this already for themselves?

Bronze badge

Lovely

So now if my eBay password gets stolen, as if that weren't annoying enough, I'll find myself on some kind of fraud blacklist too?

Thumb Up

ha ha ha.....

I think that '^@hotmail.com" should do it.

re@ AC What?

Also, why inform eBay AND PayPal, are they both not part of the SAME scam, perhaps also should be mentioned is Skype, seeing as you can practically use neither eBay or Skype without paying PayPal a commission which would be non existant on your own card. Is that not a fraud in itself?

Oh no forget that, it's(BIG) business best practice. ie fuck the little people, 1p here/there isn't noticed by anyone except the beancounters who can displace major discounts against tax credits. Try that in your househould budget and see how much leeway Sainsburys/Tesco's or Asda or any not mentioned company that any one feels insulted by me not mentioning gives you.

Flame

Scammers unite!

"Microsoft is teaming up with eBay and several other organisations to create a blacklist of fraudulently obtained log-in details for online services or compromised credit card numbers."

Credit cards are a matter belonging to banks, not MS nor ebay and usually the worst scammers are these two anyway, so it's a marriage made in heaven.

This topic is closed for new posts.