Feeds

back to article Mega ISP Verizon punts sky-high storage

Mega ISP Verizon has unveiled its own on-demand storage service, dubbed — in predictable fashion — Verizon Cloud Storage. Like Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3) or the new Google Storage for Developers, this is a pay-as-you-go service that scales storage as needed. It can be used on its own or in tandem with traditional …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

My Eggs In Your Basket?

I eagerly await this service - the moment it comes with a $100,000 cash payout guarantee in the event they lose even a cookie.

If you ever read the T&C on any of these hosts you'd have to be insane to trust them with long term storage. And by long term I mean anything over a week. If there is even a sentence in there that "provider shall not be responsible for [whatever]" they are guaranteed to lose your data and discover that the backups for the last 6 months are bad too. And there is no way their lawyers would let them offer the service for less than the liability cost so... its either outrageously expensive or totally going to fail due to the incompetence of a single disgruntled employee.

*I haven't actually read the T&C myself but I feel 169% safe making this assumption.

This topic is closed for new posts.