Twitter admits it has had its worst month since last October for downtime but promises it will do its best to stay up and running for World Cup games. The micro-blog monster explained in a blog post that tweaking its system to fix problems created by a planned upgrade had uncovered deeper problems. It is working on long-term …
Whats the point...
... it's not like any of those traffic spikes actually produce anything interesting.
Any chance we could have the same promise from ITV's HD channel?
Since LAST OCTOBER?
Never mind "within living memory", or "since records began". A whole EIGHT opportunities to do worse missed.
Anyone taking bets on this?
If so, are any Twitter employees reading this?
Quality. Sheer quality.
Why, Lord, why?
I don't understand why there is a spike in traffic during games. Well, I do, but I don't get the point. Every idiot in the world saying "Wow! Spain 0 - 1 Switzerland!!!" seems completely pointless. Any of your "followers" who gives a shit will already know.
are you serious?
It's a damn webf front-end to a bunch of mailing lists. Hell, if you were masochistic, you could recreate twitter using MS Exchange Server (but your messages could be longer)
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad