Sony is to start charging for access to the PlayStation Network. Well, kind of. PSN will remain free to access as is currently the case, but Sony will be introducing a subscription-based add-on, PlayStation Plus, that provides content it hopes punters will want to pay for. PlayStation Plus kicks off in on 29 June, priced at €15 …
Swings vs Roundabouts
So it looks to me like you will be able to choose to buy certain things through the store or pay for "Premium" PSN access and get a bunch of that stuff included.
I haven't purchased a single custom theme or avatar, but all good if I got some included in a "Plus" package along with some games that I might be interested in (I have purchased a number of the "diversion/distraction" games distributed via PSN).
It will be interesting to see what the pricing is here in NZ.
online themse and avatars
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad