The question “What about the 'I' in 'IT'?” serves as an equally good reminder of the point of the ‘T’. But while information allegedly exists to support the business, from the information technology perspective it sometimes seems almost a by-product of all the communications we want to do, all the applications we want to run. …
Small hole in all data governance plans
Users are allergic to digital hygiene. Unlike missing a shower, you won’t smell funny and your coworkers aren’t going to mock you. There’s no social incentive whatsoever to clean up after your digital self.
And thus only the rare neurotic ones ever bother.
Any data management exercise that doesn’t realise there will be zero actual buy in from day to day users is doomed to failure at the start.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9