The question “What about the 'I' in 'IT'?” serves as an equally good reminder of the point of the ‘T’. But while information allegedly exists to support the business, from the information technology perspective it sometimes seems almost a by-product of all the communications we want to do, all the applications we want to run. …
Small hole in all data governance plans
Users are allergic to digital hygiene. Unlike missing a shower, you won’t smell funny and your coworkers aren’t going to mock you. There’s no social incentive whatsoever to clean up after your digital self.
And thus only the rare neurotic ones ever bother.
Any data management exercise that doesn’t realise there will be zero actual buy in from day to day users is doomed to failure at the start.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones