The question “What about the 'I' in 'IT'?” serves as an equally good reminder of the point of the ‘T’. But while information allegedly exists to support the business, from the information technology perspective it sometimes seems almost a by-product of all the communications we want to do, all the applications we want to run. …
Small hole in all data governance plans
Users are allergic to digital hygiene. Unlike missing a shower, you won’t smell funny and your coworkers aren’t going to mock you. There’s no social incentive whatsoever to clean up after your digital self.
And thus only the rare neurotic ones ever bother.
Any data management exercise that doesn’t realise there will be zero actual buy in from day to day users is doomed to failure at the start.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars