back to article Eastern European banks under attack by next-gen crime app

Banks in Russia and Ukraine are under continued siege by criminal gangs wielding a sophisticated, next-generation exploitation kit that hacks the financial institutions' authentication system and then hits it with a denial-of-service attack. The attacks are being carried out with the help of a top-to-bottom revision of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Wait a minute

This criminal gang wanted to "avoid attacking banks [...] in the criminals' own backyard" - but then that means they have been attacking banks in other countries ?

With a next-generation authentication attack thingy ?

Does this mean that Western European banks have been attacked ? Why haven't we heard anything about it ?

Or have we ? And if so, who got attacked and where did they get through ? Or are we supposed to believe that Western European bank security is robust enough to shrug off next-gen attack kit without skipping a beat ? At least, between two sessions of loosing confidential user ID data, that is.

2. Bumpy Cat
    WTF?

Tech support

I've often wondered how the black hat software market works. Who do you contact to buy this software? Do they do demos? What's the tech support like? Can you imagine the contract negotiations between two groups of armed criminals?

And most importantly: if you torrent their software, will they shoot the seeders?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Easy

You just call "VladTheBaddyFromNorilsk" on Skype, who develops the malware.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Less Rah-Rah

...and more hard facts about all of that, please. Thank you,

4. mirochka

True Or Not???

Do not believe in everything!

If it gonna be true, but I personally do not believe in it.

It's not an easy task to attack banks, especially in Russia ;) I was working in this country during last 3 years and have never heard about smth like this.

This topic is closed for new posts.