The x64 server chip refresh cycle may feel done, but there's still one more to go to finish the work that Intel and Advanced Micro Devices started in March. AMD is getting ready to launch its "Lisbon" Opteron 4100 processors, which are slated for delivery sometime in the third quarter. When the twelve-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron …
It looks to me like AMD is looking to kill off the Phenom II line in favor of Opterons, especially considering the future line up of bulldozer and bobcat, bobcat is definitely designed for the laptop / mobile market, i really think that AMD is looking to kill off its separate desktop CPU line.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great