The x64 server chip refresh cycle may feel done, but there's still one more to go to finish the work that Intel and Advanced Micro Devices started in March. AMD is getting ready to launch its "Lisbon" Opteron 4100 processors, which are slated for delivery sometime in the third quarter. When the twelve-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron …
It looks to me like AMD is looking to kill off the Phenom II line in favor of Opterons, especially considering the future line up of bulldozer and bobcat, bobcat is definitely designed for the laptop / mobile market, i really think that AMD is looking to kill off its separate desktop CPU line.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON