The x64 server chip refresh cycle may feel done, but there's still one more to go to finish the work that Intel and Advanced Micro Devices started in March. AMD is getting ready to launch its "Lisbon" Opteron 4100 processors, which are slated for delivery sometime in the third quarter. When the twelve-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron …
It looks to me like AMD is looking to kill off the Phenom II line in favor of Opterons, especially considering the future line up of bulldozer and bobcat, bobcat is definitely designed for the laptop / mobile market, i really think that AMD is looking to kill off its separate desktop CPU line.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes