The x64 server chip refresh cycle may feel done, but there's still one more to go to finish the work that Intel and Advanced Micro Devices started in March. AMD is getting ready to launch its "Lisbon" Opteron 4100 processors, which are slated for delivery sometime in the third quarter. When the twelve-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron …
It looks to me like AMD is looking to kill off the Phenom II line in favor of Opterons, especially considering the future line up of bulldozer and bobcat, bobcat is definitely designed for the laptop / mobile market, i really think that AMD is looking to kill off its separate desktop CPU line.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK