Science and technology got a respectable shout out in the Queens Birthday Honours List, amid the usual celebs, civil servants and lollipop ladies. Top of the heap, for their contribution to the cultural fabric of Britain, are the MBEs for Dr Frank Duckworth and Dr Tony Lewis - the statisticians who invented the Duckworth-Lewis …
"and even made an album called Artificial Intelligence (although apparently it's not much cop). " -
it's alright. Some interesting stuff. Not his best, though, by a very long way.
You're making this up aren't you
"MBEs for..... invented the method of calculating the target score for a team batting second in interrupted one-day or Twenty20 cricket matches"
I can't help but wonder if Neil Hannon and Thomas Walsh had something to do with Duckworth and Lewis getting the MBEs...
So are these Labour nominations?
or from our new ConDem friends.
I'm so depressed!
Could be worse
"John Carr got an OBE for services to Children Protection on the Internet. He is the Secretary of the Children’s Charities’ Coalition on Internet Safety."
Could have been worse - could have been that self-publicising arse-hole Jim Gamble getting a gong for his unstinting devotion in trying to bend Facebook to his will.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst