Do you think it's obvious which payers and teams will have an impact in the World Cup kicking off today? Perception can really cloud the truth about a situation, particularly in sport. Two seasons ago Chelsea fans would have said French international Florent Malouda got off to a slow start at the club, that he was a weak link …
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The problem wiv England is they always try and walk it, dunney?
Is it Sunday already!
Must lay of the beer.
It's a game of two halves, and it only takes a second to score a goal.
I don't know soccer and I'm not English but I think there are a few dodgy premises in those statistics, mainly around the squad selection variables. It's entirely possible some players don't seem to make a difference to the outcome when they're absent because they're only dropped from games where the manager thinks their skills aren't needed.
ElReg channelling 538
Are you Nate Silver in disguise?
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass