Feeds

back to article Tequila botnet auto-destructs

A botnet targeting Mexican surfers has been dismantled just weeks after it first appeared, apparently by the cybercrook who established it rather than by any action by the federales or ISPs. Trend Micro reckons cybercrooks pressed the auto-destruct on the Tequila botnet, perhaps because an earlier post by the security firm blew …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Grenade

`Tequila` botnet commits suicide.

One could pray that the `real` reason was something more sinister; like the bot herder p1ssed off the wrong people.

Perhaps someone sent the bot herder a rigged blu-ray drive with a couple of pounds of semtex in it and remote detonated it. Now, that gives me an idea on how to stop varied miscreants that plague the interwebs.

Thumb Up

Violence solves everything.

I've often wished I could have a few minutes alone with some of the virus/botnet creators whose work I've had to clean up. Just them, me and a baseball bat.

Bronze badge

RE: Violence solves everything.

IMHO, the punishment does not deter the crime. If guys like Albert Gonzalez, and the like were dealt with properly, the deterrence value would be much higher.

Instead of spending 20 years at `Club Fed`, how about 20 minutes spent in front of a firing squad. Make sure all of those rifles are loaded with hollow points.

This kind of punishment insures that Gonzalez will never re-offend.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

@Bumpy Cat

Why should you have all the fun? I've always advocated that these botherding twats should hang. Publicly. In the city squares, mass hangings from drop-bar gibbets like in 1984, so the cheering crowds of thousands can enjoy the action!

Ch-Click...HOCK! OOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!

wierd

I got a bottle of tequila given to me this morning

I wonder if there is a connection ???

Thumb Up

obviously

Obviously trying to establish the third generation botnet, I suggest you forward that bottle onto me, for your own safety of course.

Coat

It's still there...

... only the name has been changed to "Onasiesta".

Mine is the one the the Corona soother, pillow, and blanky-kins in the pocket...

This topic is closed for new posts.